A rubric for assessment, is a tool used to interpret and grade students’ work against criteria and standards. Rubrics are sometimes called “criteria sheets”, “grading schemes”, or “scoring guides”. Rubrics can be designed for any content domain.
A rubric makes explicit a range of assessment criteria and expected performance standards. Teachers’ evaluate a student’s performance against all of these, rather than assigning a single subjective score. A rubric:
- handed out to pupils during an assessment task briefing makes them aware of all expectations related to the assessment task, and helps them evaluate their own work as it progresses
- helps teachers apply consistent standards when assessing qualitative tasks, and promotes consistency in shared marking.
Rubrics are excellent tools to use when assessing pupils’ work for several reasons. You might consider developing and using rubrics if:
- You find yourself re-writing the same comments on several different students’ assignments.
- Your marking load is high, and writing out comments takes up a lot of your time.
- Students repeatedly question you about the assignment requirements, even after you’ve handed back the marked the assignment.
How to use rubrics effectively
- Develop a different rubric for each assignment. Although this takes time in the beginning, you’ll find that rubrics can be changed slightly or re-used later.
- Give students a copy of the rubric when you assign the performance task.
- Require students to attach the rubric to the assignment when they hand it in.
- When you mark the assignment, circle or highlight the achieved level of performance for each criterion.
- Include any additional comments that do not fit within the rubric’s criteria.
- Decide upon a final grade for the assignment based on the rubric.
- Hand the rubric back with the assignment.
Using Rubrics will result in a greater learning experience, it also enables students to feel a greater sense of ownership and inclusion in the decision-making process.
Here are some of the available Rubrics that we can use for Q2 Performance Tasks Grade 6.
You may also like:
Performance Tasks Quarter 2 GRADE 6 Download Performance Tasks Quarter 1 GRADE 6 Download Summative Test Q1 for Modules 4-8 GRADE 1 Download Summative Test Q1 for Modules 1-3 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 8 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 7 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 6 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 5 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 4 Download Weekly Home Learning Plan Q1 Week 3 Download Homeroom Guidance Kinder to Grade 6 Download E-Class Record Modified for New Normal Download LDM 2 Downloadable Answers for Teachers and Coaches Download
Like us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/mgakaguro.page
Visit our website for more downloadable files: www.guroako.com